- Chop up 3 ounces of your favorite chocolate and gently melt in a double boiler.
- Add 2 teaspoons hot chocolate mix and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and slowly stir in 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into a blender along with 1 cup milk and 3 cups of ice. Blitz on high speed until all mixed up – you want it to be more the icy texture of a frozen daiquiri than a super smooth smoothie.
- Top the frozen hot chocolate with whipped cream and shaved chocolate curls and find someone to share (or keep it to yourself, we won’t judge).
Saturday, December 22, 2018
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Monday, August 13, 2018
- Meal planning
- Bulk cooking
- House cleaning
- Amazon Order / food storage
- Monday: Taco Salad
- Steak Caesar
- Tuesday : Grilled Lemon Chicken Flat Breads
- Cob Salads
- Greek Lamb Gyro with Tzatziki
- Burgers Turkey and Beef
- Fruit smoothies
- Sausage egg puffs
- Pork Fried Rice (left over pork loin , from Sunday)
- Chicken Salads
- Ham Salad
- Hummus Pretzels
- Hard Boiled Eggs
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Roasted Tomatoes with Fresh Herbs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 lb. assorted tomatoes, halved if large
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F Brush a heavy rimmed baking sheet or other large baking pan with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olive oil oil, garlic, oregano and thyme. Arrange the tomatoes, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt. Roast the tomatoes until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 50 minutes. Let the tomatoes cool to room temperature on the baking sheet. Serve at room temperature. Serves 6.
Thursday, July 5, 2018
It was far to hot to spend time in the gardens , or to bake so I have been in the kitchen making cold salad.
I cut prep and mix and Fred stays close by and supervises ( he gets that from Bob)
The farm house is cool and comfortable and I can not say enough about the very professional install.
Cukes with Dill
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 small Cukes I used pickling cukes, less seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Potato Salad with Eggs
|4||medium potatoes (1 onion, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup - mayonnaise, 1 1/4 tsp - salt, a pinch of pepper)|
|1 ¼ teaspoons||salt|
Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Piña Colada Ice Pops
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup coconut rum
- 1 can coconut milk, solids only
- 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 10 to 20 maraschino cherries, stemmed
1. In a blender, combine the pineapple, coconut rum, coconut milk solids and simple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender into 5 to 7 ice pop molds and add 2 to 3 cherries to each mold. Insert an ice pop stick into each one and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then remove the ice pops from the molds. Serves 5 to 7.