Before draft horses, we vacationed in Newport. While in Newport Ri. a favorite stop is The Red Parrot for Lobster pizza.
Ingredients 10" pizza crust
- 1 ounce Land O Lakes roasted garlic butter with oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces drained Roma tomatoes, diced 3/8-inch (approx. 2-3 tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut in 1/8-inch julienne strips
- 2 ounces lobster meat, cut in 1/2-inch - 3/4-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly brush entire topside of crust with garlic butter (edge to edge).
- Sprinkle two tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the garlic butter.
- After draining the diced tomatoes, sprinkle evenly over Parmesan cheese.
- To julienne the basil, wash it and shake off excess water. Pick off leaves and stack on top of one another. Using a chef's knife, cut into 1/8" strips. Do not chop. Sprinkle evenly over the diced tomatoes.
- Make sure lobster meat is cut into 1/2" - 3/4" chunks. Portion lobster meat, drain it unless it's fresh off the tail and then sprinkle it evenly over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Italian six-cheese blend evenly over the diced tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Brush a pizza pan lightly with vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with ground black pepper and kosher salt. (This prep is essential!).
- When oven is ready, place pizza on pan and cook approximately four to five minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into eight wedges.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over pizza for extra flavor and serve.
- Be sure you DRAIN the tomatoes and the lobster meat before sprinkling them over the pizza shell. Otherwise your pizza will turn out soggy!