- Cajun Chicken Skillet
|Photo from our brisk walk in Kennebunkport on Monday|
- 3/4 lbs. boneless chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 1-1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 15oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1-1 1/5 tsp. McCormick Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup half and half, warmed
- 1/2 lb. cooked linguine
- Parmesan for topping
1. Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until nearly done.
2. Add onion, green pepper and garlic.
3. Finish cooking until chicken is cooked through and onion is soft.
4. Pour in tomatoes with their juice.
5. Add Cajun Seasoning.
6. Stir in half and half, turning the heat low so sauce doesn't boil.
7. Toss the Cajun chicken and sauce with cooked pasta.
8. Top with Parmesan, if desired.
Note: Adjust the amount of Cajun Seasoning for your family's tastes, using more if you like it spicy and less for mild flavor.