In advance ( this time the night before) I fill a sheet pan with diced clean , veggies 4, carrot ,4 red potatoes, 4 celery and 2 - 4 leaks . Coat the veggies with olive oil good salt and pepper and roast in oven. Roasting the veggies makes them super sweet.
- cup margarine or butter
- cup chopped onion
- cup flour
- teaspoon salt
- Qt home made chicken stock or 1 C water and 1 10 oz can stock (not as good)
- drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 1/2
- cups cubed cooked chicken , I use all the meat I can pick off a rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2
- cups diced and roasted root veggies
- This is where I stop if building the night before, then next day when I get home from work : remove mixing bowl from fridge
- cup sour cream
- (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Southern Style Biscuits
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Paprika, if desired
DirectionsRoast pan of veggies and pick chicken. Preheat oven to 400 With cast iron on stove top: Melt margarine in large heavy skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt to skillet; stir until smooth. Add broth, water and hot pepper sauce; cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables and sour cream.
Simmer over low heat until thoroughly heated.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each in half. Place biscuit halves on top of hot chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Paprika Move pan to oven, bake as directed for Biscuits. Remove from oven top with butter and parsley.