photo from : Studio In The Barn
Tomorrow starts the "official count down " 60 days before the Studio In The Barn Opens. Still working on putting together a diverse collection of canvases ,the web page, etsy store and more...
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 5 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 5 Tbs. minced fresh dill
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bag prepared coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, white and light green portions, minced
- 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- Olive oil for cooking
- 4 buns, toasted
1. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, 3 Tbs. of the mustard, 2 Tbs. of the dill and 1 tsp. of the lemon juice until combined. Season with pepper. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise mixture, the remaining 1 Tbs. lemon juice and a third of the green onions and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In another large bowl, combine the ground turkey, the remaining 2 Tbs. mustard, 3 Tbs. of the dill, the remaining green onions, 3/4 tsp. salt and a generous amount of pepper. Mix gently. Form the mixture into 4 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each patty.
3. Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Place the bun bottoms on 4 plates. Top each with a patty and a spoonful of sauce. Spoon the coleslaw on top of the patty or alongside the potatoes, place the bun top on top and serve immediately. Serves 4.