Pear-Bourbon Skillet Crisp
Unsalted butter for greasing
For the filling:
- 6 firm, ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 3 Tbs. good-quality bourbon
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
|Team Mack and Mike|
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) ) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
|Canvas available in The Studio|
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F Generously butter a 10-inch cast-iron fry pan.
2. To make the filling, in a large bowl, stir together the pears and bourbon. Let stand for 30 minutes. In another bowl, stir together the sugars, flour and cinnamon. Add to the pear mixture and stir until evenly coated. Add the pear filling to the prepared pan.
3. To make the topping, in a bowl, stir together the melted butter and vanilla. In another bowl, using a fork, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter mixture and stir until evenly blended and crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the pears.
4. Bake until the pears are tender and bubbly and the topping is crisp and brown, about 30 minutes.
|Our Outside kitchen|
Any thing cast iron can also be done in the wood fired oven , in half the time.Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with scoops of ice cream, if desired. Serves 6.
|Some of the collection|