Please consider a visit to Maine Homestead Corner Store, where you can now find a selection of museum quality canvas prints from The Studio in the Barn!
In addition to checking out my photography, they have great pickles for potato salad .
Maine Homestead Country Store
1773 Alfred Rd in Lyman Maine
Ingredients8 to 10 Servings
- 2 3/4 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes, peeled (about 8)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt plus more
- 1/2 cup Cain's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice from jar plus 8–10 sweet-pickle chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more
- 5 large hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- paprika to sprinkle all over the top
Place potatoes in a large pot. Add water to cover by 2", season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 20–30 minutes. Drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, pickle juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1 1/4 tsp. salt in a small bowl for dressing.
Add dressing and eggs to potatoes and toss to coat, . Add onion and parsley; gently mix to incorporate. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.