Ribeye Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 head garlic, divided
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (NOT fresh)
- 1 pound ribeye steak (thick-cut)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grate one clove of garlic through a microplane, or finely mince. Place in a bowl along with the yogurt, lemon, dried mint, and salt to taste. Stir well and set aside. Sauce can be made a few hours in advance.
- Cut the ribeye into 1 to 1 1/2-inch chunks. Push the remaining garlic through a garlic press, or finely mince. Place the steak and garlic in a large bowl, along with the cumin, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, oregano, olive oil, cayenne, and salt to taste (be generous!). Toss well to coat.
- Get your grill nice and hot! Thread the chunks of steak through the skewers, leaving a half inch gap between pieces. Grill on the hot side for about 10 minutes (medium-rare) to 15 minutes (well-done), turning occasionally to get a good char on each side. Move the skewers around in case of flare ups to prevent them from burning.
- Let the kebabs rest 5 minutes, covered in aluminum foil. Serve with the cool yogurt sauce.