Copycat Panera Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large broccoli heads
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 16 oz half & half
- Salt & Pepper
|Farm House Kitchen|
- In a large soup pot, combine the chicken stock, butter, half & half, and cheddar cheese soup.
- Let it cook on medium heat, while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the bottoms off the broccoli florets, and into small bunches.
- Coarsely cut the onion in to small wedges.
- Add the shredded carrots, the broccoli florets, and the onion to the pot.
- Let it simmer on low/medium for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, until well combined.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until it’s semi-smooth, leaving small chunks of broccoli, onion, and carrot for texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.