|Mike and Mack|
- 12 thick slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 400°.Spread the bacon out in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake until the bacon is barely crisp and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully drain off and discard the fat from the baking sheet.
3. Brush 1 Tbs. of the maple syrup over the bacon strips and sprinkle with half of the pepper. Return to the oven and bake until glazed and shiny, about 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from the oven and, using tongs, flip the bacon slices over. Brush the other sides with the remaining 1 Tbs. syrup and sprinkle with the remaining pepper. Bake again until glazed and shiny, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the bacon to a serving platter. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes (the bacon will firm up and become extra-crispy). Serve warm. Serves 6.