What is Hygge?Hygge (pronounced “hue-gah”) is a Danish word that translates as a feeling or mood that comes when you take genuine pleasure in making ordinary, everyday moments more meaningful; more beautiful. It’s about coziness and finding joy in the simple things in life. At the core of hygge is a craving for simplicity and an urge to pare everything back to basics. In talking to my friends and family, I’ve come to believe that hygge is something we all need more of. Simplicity. Paring back. Less screens; more face to face. Slowing down. Savoring the little things. Being present
My goals for 2018
- deliberately; on purpose.
"I didn't do it intentionally"
synonyms: deliberately, on purpose, purposely, purposefully, by design, knowingly, wittingly, consciously;
- Live Intentionally
- Make Saving a Priority
- Have One No Spend Week per month
- Visit 52 Farms
- Start a Line of Photo Greeting Cards
- Purge 250 items
- Turn Guest room in to "my space"
- Dote on my husband even more than I do now
- wear out the clothing I already own / reduce closet
- Try 52 new recipes (and share them here)
and one secret goal