Roasted Tomatoes with Wild Oregano
- 8 tomatoes (any variety)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A generous pinch of dried oregano, preferably wild
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. If the tomatoes are small, cut them in half; if they’re bigger, cut them into quarters. Combine the tomatoes and olive oil in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and toss well. Add the oregano, crumbling it with your fingers to activate all that fragrance and flavor. Toss gently.
3. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, skin side down, on the baking sheet. Scatter the garlic cloves around them and add another generous drizzle of olive oil. Roast for 2½ to 3 hours, until the tomatoes have collapsed and are very soft and wrinkled. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. The tomatoes can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serves 4