For the crepes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional)
1. To make the crepes, in a blender, combine the flour, milk, eggs and salt and blend on medium-high speed until well combined and smooth, about 30 seconds. Let the batter stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
2. Place a crepe pan or 8-inch nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Gently stir the batter, then pour 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) into the pan, lifting and tilting the pan to spread the batter to the edges. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crepe is golden underneath, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the crepe and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more nonstick spray to the pan as needed and stacking the crepes, separated by parchment or waxed paper, as they are ready. You should have at least 12 crepes.
3. To make the whipped cream, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the mascarpone cheese, cream and sugar on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. To assemble, lay a crepe flat on your work surface and spoon about 3 Tbs. of the whipped cream onto one-fourth of the crepe. Fold the crepe in half over the filling, then fold in half again. Repeat to assemble the remaining crepes.
5. To serve, place 2 crepes on each of 6 plates. Top each pair of crepes with about 1/3 cup of the strawberries and lightly dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately. Makes 12 crepes; serves