Roasted Tomatoes with Fresh Herbs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 lb. assorted tomatoes, halved if large
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F Brush a heavy rimmed baking sheet or other large baking pan with olive oil.
2. In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olive oil oil, garlic, oregano and thyme. Arrange the tomatoes, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt. Roast the tomatoes until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 50 minutes. Let the tomatoes cool to room temperature on the baking sheet. Serve at room temperature. Serves 6.